New Website Redirect.

Monday, January 01, 2007

starting the year off right

happy new year or hangover day, whichever you prefer. my night was very mellow compared to last year, and i'm totally ok with that. it was nice not to start a fight, get a friend punched, and other drama that comes with holiday drinking.

this morning, however, was another story. i met some friends at zola for brunch. i'd been craving a bloody mary so marky drove. we stopped on the way to grab some medicine, i'm just fighting off the tail end of a cold. anticipating another cold soon (it's winter!!) i bought a box containing pills for both day and night.

when we arrived i ordered my drink and took two blue pills. twenty minutes later everything around me started to swim, and it looked like everyone was talking in slow motion. marky saw i was struggling and got me out of there pretty quick. i realized on the way home i'd taken the night pills.

i realize vodka + sleeping pills is an ideal cocktail for some, but for me at 1 in the afternoon notsomuch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better. You need to get out of smog ridden SLC for some sunshine and fresh air.