New Website Redirect.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

the friday SR segment, early.

we all do it. we pretend we have read and enjoyed a book we really haven't and didn't, just for the sake of impressing others. some of us can just admit it. maybe i have watched high fidelity one too many times or maybe it was just talking to scott one too many times this week. whatever the case here you have it.....

top five books you say you enjoyed to impress others, but really didn't:
1 this side of paradise, i didn't even finish it!
2 lolita, yaaaawwwwn.
3 the winter of our discontent, oh please we all lied about that one. we only like it for the title.
4 in cold blood, dear god that was bloody! you have to lie about this one, capote factor.
5 life of pi, religion and ocean water? come on. color me bored and thirsty.

yeah, yeah...i know. get over it. at least i read, unlike some. namely branden, remember that leash? he only read words in magazine form or on the back of a vitamin (read; pretend steroid) bottle. only proving to us that pretty boys really are dumb. and who said that stereotyping was a bad thing?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! And a great one to start on. Here goes:

1. East of Eden - Steinbeck is my favorite author, but this book bored me to tears. Too long, and way too much religious/bible references.

2. War and Peace - I have started this book 10 or more times, and never made it past 100 pages.

3. Tess of the d'Urbervilles - I even named a dog after this book to make people think I read it. How pitiful.

4. Tale of Two Cities - I had to read this for a lit class, and even wrote a glowing review. To tell the truth, I didn't even understand it.

5. Ulysses - A good friend is a Joyce fan, so I tried I really did, but found his writing utterly uncomprehensible.

At least I don't have to lie about these anymore, although there are more.

Looking forward to a weekly thing, right?

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say I finished "My Pet Goat," but I didn't.

---The Toad

alecia said...

i was there and i like to think that he is unique in his non-book life... otherwise i can't sleep at night as i fear for humanity

Sarah Bellum said...

scott, excellent list. yes, i hope to have this top five weekly. obviously with your help. when i read your post this morning i couldn't for the life of me figure out why you were scott the stray. after a cup (or two) of coffee it dawned on me. straight gay. i am the one who came up with the damn thing and i couldn't bother with remembering. moral of the post. don't read without being highly caffeinated.

Anonymous said...

LMAO!Can't believe you forgot about stray. Also, the comment about My Pet Goat was awesome, AKim maybe? You know he is lurking.

Sarah Bellum said...

akim is no toad! he is more a rat.

Dave said...

1) Anything by Douglas Coupland
2) See #1
3) See #2
4) See #3
5) See #4