New Website Redirect.

Friday, February 10, 2006

apple-bux




i absolutely love apple products, however i can't stand the apple store. while it is cool looking with the hot apple tattoo boys in true religion jeans (i guess if you have to wait that long for service they want you to have something pretty to look at), the service level notsomuch...

my 40 gig ipod broke a couple months ago. don't worry, i have a nano so i am still with pod. i have one month left on my warranty, so time to get it fixed. much to the dismay of a certain friend and my geek squad i have procrastinated this for quite a while.

no more.

the geeks and i hit the gateway for lunch yesterday in attempt to get the damn thing taken care of. out of spite i didn't want to go. out of spite for apple, and out of spite for my bossy friends. for some unknown reason they make the process so difficult. studio bar, genius bar ---just fix it already.

i have an appointment with the apple genii this afternoon. it took everything not to laugh at them when they said that! it reminds me of the sandwich shop by my office, where they are referred to as sandwich artists. l-a-m-e! to get an appointment i had to get online earlier than the usual 9 am. in case you are wondering what the hell i am doing blogging at the ass crack of dawn.

now, if i can just get out of the gateway without spending an ungodly amount of money on jeans....ohhh lolabella. sarah, focus on the task at hand (repeat in head--apple and sbux)! steve jobs, depending on the frustration level after this outing please expect my retail therapy bill in the mail. mmm...thanks

3 comments:

Clint Gardner said...

To quote Homer, "Ahh Apple store, oooohhhh." I literally found myself drooling over the white-encased tech in that place. What a fucking geek I am: see. That's a tiny version of me in the small camera box salivating over the new iMac. I shorted it out and they chased me out of the store: see.

On completely another tack, families with out-of-control children seem to enjoy iMacs: see

Sarah Bellum said...

the aesthetic value of the store is fanfuckingtastic, it's the service nightmare i take issue with. the hassle i had to go through is unbelievable. does that stop me from wanting everything in the store? NO.

Dave said...

i wasn't familiar with true religion jeans, so i had to look them up.

my jaw dropped at the $180 price tag.

but then i thought about my jeans purchasing history.

i started with regular $25 501s. then upgraded to $40 silvertabs. then the $80-$100 luckys. and now i'm in the $120 range that i buy whenever i take a trip across the pond.

i suppose it's only a matter of time before i wind up with these.

perhaps i was better off not knowing how to dress.