New Website Redirect.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

why i'm never taken seriously:

picture it...

i'm in a one-on-one appointment with someone i admire, and look up to a great deal, when my phone starts ringing. i quickly try to silence it, but instead accidentally answer it and place it back into my bag. i continue on with my conversation until i hear a man yelling from inside my handbag. i realize my mistake, terminate the call, blush and move on. if my ring tone wasn't aqua's "barbie girl" song, it may have lessened the humiliation factor.

i've GOT to start remembering to put my phone on vibrate, of all people you'd think i'd have that mastered.

12 comments:

Brian said...

Years back, I used to have a phone ring that clucked like a chicken. At one point it had gone off during a job interview. It was embarassing but funny. The job was offered so the interviewer must have liked it too I suppose. :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah--

Rookie mistake! As a professional salesman, I am proud of the fact my cell phone has NEVER gone off during a meeting.

People these days don't know how to turn their phones off. It's just another leash! I leave my phone off, well, most of the time.

Call me. I'll answer for you, I promise.

Helpfully as always,

Mikey

Anonymous said...

I guess that's what happens to a barbie girl in a barbie world...

Dave said...

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring bananaphone

Clint Gardner said...

Heh was that meeting with who I think it was?

Anonymous said...

I think its cute..like you.

Anonymous said...

I like the Sarah moments despite your humiliation. I wish you'd have more.

Dainon. said...

Heh heh, she said "Mastered." Heh.

Anonymous said...

I did that to my wife when we had lunch last week @ Red Rock.

Rob said...

I just love it when I stick my phone in my pocket and forget to lock it.

Here is the usual conversation, "you called me the other night, you were talking about..."

Someone is always listening.

Anonymous said...

I could hear muffled voices and it did sound like your phone was rustling around in your bag. Sorry about that - if I had known you were in a serious meeting, I wouldn't have yelled!

Lisa B. said...

heeeelarious. I have to say, it was worse when my cell phone went off when I was teaching. Oy!