New Website Redirect.

Friday, March 10, 2006

why i hate radio...

i forgot my beloved ipod today, and was forced to listen to radio music. something i rarely do, when i turn on the radio it's for the sole purpose of npr. i was surprised to hear not one, but two pearl jam songs in a thirty minutes.

i didn't realize 1994 was back. i rushed home, looked in my closet for a flannel plaid shirt. whew, nothing. the 90's aren't back, thank god. baggy jeans, grungy plaid, butterfly clips, back-pack purses, doc martens, and pearl jam are long gone. if it's all the same to you, let's keep it that way.

at any rate, dj's please just stop....

9 comments:

Jason said...

I would like to know if my old, second-hand, OD green, monotone, Army Jacket still fits. It has been awhile and the waistline is no longer what it once was...

Clint Gardner said...

Funny you should mention flannel. I've finally given it all up and just this very morning devoted a DI bag to the last remnants of my grunge days (save one shirt with incredible sentimental value.)

Sarah Bellum said...

theorris, let me be the first to say welcome to 2006!!

Clint Gardner said...

Hah. Well at least I'm not stuck in 1968 like some of my older (and younger) colleagues at work.

Clint Gardner said...

...and in my own defense, I haven't worn the stuff in years, just as I haven't listened to any of the grunge CDs I have (well save Beck and Pavement but they don't count.) I just kept the wardrobe out of a sense of history. It was a sort of sartorial archive.

Clint Gardner said...

Oh and Sonic Youth. I still can't shake them (mostly).

Sarah Bellum said...

theorris, no judgement....at least not for beck. they don't count.

Clint Gardner said...

Well at least they are all producing music even if it is by a different name (Pavement).

Anonymous said...

Long live PJ!!