New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

operation, feed geek squad.

i am lucky to be considered one of the cool kids at work, being a cool kid has it’s perks. one of which is belonging to a lunch club, our lunch club consists of 4 members: pmk, jb, alex, and myself. sometimes we allow an occasional guest. we even have approved topics: politics, religion, bikes, skiing, my dating life (or lack thereof). we are regulars at a few sandy spots. recently our sandwich shop closed, which has us thrown off--enter today’s lunch spot, carl’s jr.

as some of you are starting to figure out i am a tad picky, which is not to be confused with high maintenance. fast food isn’t my thing, too much grease, too much meat, and with the calorie intake at sbux, a girl really has to watch her figure. frankly, i had no choice today. i deserve it though, as i always have the boys drive. i always say that i don’t drive, i am driven. jb was the lucky chauffeur today, and when he drives he tends to think he is in charge. we agree on one thing, get in the car and before you know it we are pulling into the iceberg gas station grease-arena. which is how we ended up in my own personal playground. i found today that these spots aren’t so bad after all, sure the food is still….well meat, but there is plenty of entertainment. no, not clowns or balloons tied into so called animals, but fellow diners.

i have been known to eavesdrop (you have all been warned). today’s goodie was when a guy at the next table stated, “vegas is the farthest place i’ve ever been”(now that is just plain sad). pmk quickly pulled out his handy camera phone and took this little beauty (please take note of the drink cup, can't get a date? no worries, just take along a 44 oz. refill mug to sit at your side.)....
another favorite was this…..
the trays were so warped i couldn’t eat without rocking the boat (possible foreshadowing to my future fast food ass). i can’t remember why the boys said they were warped, but i would like to think that they use such hot water to kill the germs it melts the plastic. me, a germ freak?! never. (that is topic for a whole other post).

****i am sure i am going to receive plenty of dirty emails over this post, in fact i look forward to them. however, let me say that i like people, i really really do. don’t let my bitchy little posts fool you, i can be nice. well, when i want to be.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

for those of you who are unfamiliar with Sarahspeak:

"tad picky" means "really really picky"; "really really picky" means "high maintenance".

Anonymous said...

I'm new to the blog (by way of slcspin) but I'm already sensing a high maintenance vib. "Numsy. Be a dear and bring the car around." or "Suzette, must I really do everything?"

ms aimee said...

are you just gonna take this, princess??

Sarah Bellum said...

alex, shame on you. look at the madness you've started.

bryan, welcome to my blog. i love having new readers, even if they do bring to attention my possible negative qualities! :)

aim, that better?

i stand by my statement, i am a tad bit picky. knowing what you want doesn't necessarily mean you are high maintenance.

ms aimee said...

that's my girl.

tgi56 said...

Sarahbellum, the trays are fine, it's you that is WARPED !!! :)

Sarah Bellum said...

tgi***, obviously you enjoy my "WARPED" mind because you just keep reading.

Anonymous said...

Last summer during one of my commutes between the city and the country, I pulled off the freeway in Boise for gas and a bit, not knowing that it would be the other way around. There was this new fancy spot on the corner called JBX Grill, which even though it had a drive thru didn't seem too threatening. Order a sandwich and misc. to a price of $10 only to get the bag 7 minutes with a suspicious clown head on the bottom of the bag. The bastard place was Jack in the Box Grill. I almost got Gephart. I dropped a James Hamilton for indigestion! This comment is longer than your blog...

Dave said...

At least he had the courtesy to go to Carls Jr. and not Jack-in-the-Box.

Oddly enough, the entire time I worked in Larry-Land (over four years), I think I ate at Carl's Jr. less than 10 times. Fast food was too healthy for me, so I'd get a lunch from Albertsons consisting of Keebler Fudge Stripes and some microwave popcorn.


I was quite glad when they opened up the Chick-fil-a just a few blocks down. Those chicken nuggets are my crack.

Anonymous said...

i hope you didn't talk to anyone else besides pmk(male), jb, or alex. can't you call him pk? this whole pmk thing really throws me. at first i thought you switched teams (in a non-homosexual way...not that there is anything wrong with that).

Clint Gardner said...

Can one really call what is found at fast food items meat? Mostly it seems to be grease bound together with cardboard.

Ah good old American grease! Ah good old American cardboard!

Further more, some chemist once told me that American Cheese is like one chemical bond from being a rather tough plastic material.

ms aimee said...

ouch, no new post.