New Website Redirect.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

420, just a puff of smoke?

i hate email chain letters.

i'm never going to believe that my future relationship luck is hanging on the balance of one single email, hello, i don't have a) luck or b) a relationship to jinx!

so, today i received this little lovely via cell phone:





Fwd:Fwd: Puff puff pass! Dis is a cellular blunt so dont fuck up the rotation! Keep this shit movin' til the whole world hits it! Happy 420!





since when are we getting forwards via cell phones?! i can't seem to escape this crap. to forward, or not to forward, that is the question. i'm ok with risking bad blunt luck, as i don't smoke them, but just in case i pick up the habit between say now and the end of the day, i'll pass it on to pmk.

so, we all know the deal; 420 is the day to celebrate being a pothead. we've all heard that 420 is the cop code for that wacky tobaccy, well not according to snopes:

420 is the penal code section for marijuana use in California.

Nope. Section 420 of the California penal code refers to obstructing entry on public land. The penal codes of other states list different entries for 420, but none of them matches anything having to do with marijuana.

just so you know....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

smoke with me and you will be free!

Anonymous said...

I'll share my stash with you anytime.

Maddie said...

I don't smoke but I'm contemplating taken a muscle relaxant in observance of today's festivites.

Dave said...

huh, huh huh huh, huh huh, you said "penal".

Anonymous said...

I dig GREEEN TaBaKEEEEEE!

LeGALiZiZE Da CHiT!

Anonymous said...

Ohmigod! I got the same text, and loved it. I sent it to all of my AA friends and ex-boyfriends. I don't think they appreciated it as much as I did.

I'm sober, so I can't smoke, but my co-workers did have a smoke-out in my name.

b-lo said...

Just a side note, I love people who verify stuff on Snopes. Why doesn't everybody before sending on lame "warnings" and such?

Sarah Bellum said...

anon & j-man: thanks for the offers, but i'm going to have to decline. please dedicate a hit for me!

pants: and i a bottle of wine.

dave: yup, i did. hee-hee!

rev bong: i got nothing.

amy: i'm waiting for more of your coworkers little bits. love her!

b-lo: thanks, pmk is responsible. he always checks that thing.

Unknown said...

I love to verify crap on snopes and then respond with the truth...there are few things I hate more than those stupid fw:fw:fw: emails.