New Website Redirect.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Parenting Skills are Shit

This morning I was two hours late for work. I didn't factor in three and a half year old time. Seriously, these kids have major attitude. Don't get me wrong, I love that about them, but when you're trying to hurry and they aren't... well you know.

I spent at least ten minutes arguing with Hannah why she can't have chips for breakfast. She, of course, insisted her mom lets her eat them for breakfast every single day, which, she obviously doesn't. I tried giving her the whole nutritional value speech, but she wasn't having any of that.

So what did I do? I gave up. I took a Dorito, broke it into pieces and tossed it on top of her oatmeal. And guess what? She ate it. In a way we both won, or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

2 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I'd say you are a fast learner. As long as she ate the oatmeal, you are still nominally in charge.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of college...eating cereal with chips after a frat party.