New Website Redirect.

Friday, February 23, 2007

"Men I don't know. Shoes, I know."

I want a life coach. Scratch that. I need a life coach! I cannot be trusted to make my own decisions anymore, especially when it comes to men in my life. The good ones I manage to walk away from. The ones who are bad for me I keep around. Not anymore. I'm giving that up for Lent. Because now I totally get Lent. Wikipedia knows everything--way more than that stupid Dex guy in the phonebook commercials.

I can pick out an excellent pair of shoes (i.e. my new camouflage ballet flats), but I can't pick a man to save my life. Not that I'm comparing men to shoes. Shoes, for me, last longer. I still have (and wear) my first pair of Cons. Yes, I own the same shoes I did in high school. I'm cool like that.

I'm serious about this life coach thing. Therapists are so last year...

4 comments:

Brian said...

Hey Sarah, would you send me an email? -We should compare notes. I thought it was just me that had that uncanny knack - dare I say gift - for picking real "gems" in the people I date. I was hopeful that the law of simple ratios must be kicking in soon - if you date enough bad ones, you're bound to be flooded with great ones...eventually. Right? Right?!? :)

Anonymous said...

Very sly Miss Sarah. Carrie Bradshaw quote from the episode where she dates the urinating politician. Can't fool me. I know exactly what you speak of!!!

Anonymous said...

Thing is, most life coaches could use life coaches themselves. They just know how to fake it. :D

About your bad choices with men...well, at least they are choices, right? Nobody is making you start relationships that are destined to fail. You probably know what you're doing wrong but can't bring yourself to change. As a friend once said, "I know I'm sick, but if being healthy means that I'll have to compromise my dreams, even if they are actually delusions, I'd rather be sick."

Danielle said...

I saw you wear those shoes today, I was going to tell you they were cute but I forgot. Well I am researching for that assignment so I am looking at your blog---be creeped out haha . Anywho it forced me to create my own blog to comment you- so I did we shall see if I do anything with it. Maybe you can teach me some tricks.