New Website Redirect.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Genetics will get you in the end!

I'm slowly turning into my Mom, which wouldn't be so bad if it were her good traits. She is the kindest most loving person I've ever known. She is a nurse and has this need to help people, even when outside of the hospital. This includes giving her daughter's favorite coat away to someone who needed it more. Yeah, it happened, but I couldn't be mad.

My Mom is sort of an airhead, as is Ben. Growing up I don't know how many times we left the house just to turn around and go back, because she forgot to turn off her curling iron. Ben is the one who lost his basketball in the back seat of his car. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!

It's always driven me mad, until now. Why the change? Because I've joined their club.

I've been wanting to see The Queen, and finally talked a friend into taking me to see it last night. The movie starts and I realized I had already seen it. I was livid! My friend laughed at me for the rest of the evening. It sucked, since I didn't love the movie the first time around.

If that were the only airhead moment...

Last week Daisy was chewing at her paws, as she often does due to allergies. When this happens I spray her paws with a bitter spray to keep her from chewing them. Twenty minutes after covering her paws in the stuff I noticed she was not only chewing at them more, but licking them as well. I accidentally got some of the spray on my hand before and know it tastes like hell in a bottle. Something was wrong. I picked up the bottle and noticed it was the wrong spray. I had just sprayed mint tasting dental spray on her paws. How I mixed up these two bottles is beyond me!If Daisy chews her own feet off, I can only blame myself!

4 comments:

Dave said...

now i don't feel so bad about the time i couldn't get my glass table clean after spraying and wiping it down multiple times. i finally noticed that i was using oxy-clean instead of windex.

Maddie said...

Further proof that we're twins from different parents...I once put hair gel on my toothbrush.

Lisa B. said...

I have taken to buying the same magazines twice. Horrifying.

Sarah Bellum said...

dave: you own windex and oxy-clean? i wonder if other girls find that as impressive as i do.

pants: add it to the list! seriously our twinship can never be questioned.

lisa b: i love that. i bought the same sedaris book three times.