New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

keyless entry

i'm really bad when it comes to locking my doors. i've gotten much better, but it used to be the running joke with my friends that i didn't even need house keys. i never had a house key growing up, in fact i don't remember once locking the front door; growing up in the country does have it's benefits(see mom, i told you i could think of one!). i still don't have a key to my parent's house, so when i got there last week and the door was locked i freaked out. rather than ring the bell i decided my parents had not forgiven me writing about strippers in my column, and locked me out for good. luckily, it was just locked to help keep the winter draft out, and i was let in the house immediately.

when i hear people blaming movies and video games for the level of crime i scoff at the idea, however, when i saw the movie picks in delta i thought maybe there is something to the theory. no crime, no movies with a rating above pg--just a thought...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had to have locked the doors in your childhood at some point! I know Delta is safe but did other people lock the doors and just not your family?

Can you tell I grew up in a "locked" house?

Dave said...

how are the delta residents reacting to these new-fangled "talking pictures"?

Anonymous said...

We always locked our doors in Delta...but we did live on the wrong side of the tracks. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms.Bellum--

I heard that Charlotte's Web was very well done. Mr White is one of the best writers ever to grace the English language... Strunk & White is still an indispensible guide today.

Mikey