New Website Redirect.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

another reason i'm not cut out for parenting

in an effort to save a few bucks i decided to cut daisy's nails myself rather than take her to the groomer. how hard could it be?

three bandaged paws later, i decided dog blood is the second worst smell in the entire world, only rating slightly above farm country. once she bled through the bandages i stuck her in the bathtub to avoid blood on my white carpet. four treats later she only hates me a little bit.

never, ever again--it's totally worth the twenty bucks to have someone else do it. one more thing to add to the list of careers that aren't for me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about animal cruilty.

Anonymous said...

Gross.

That One Guy said...

geez, first you put her eye out trying to curl her eyelashes, then you try cutting her toes off...

I'm tellin mom on you.

Lincoln said...

I don't mean to be rude but the image of a one-eyed dog with bandaged paws is so sad and pathetic looking. Is it wrong that I laughed so hard folks in the coffee shop kept staring at me.

On a side note at least she only hates you a little bit. I'm usually good at cutting my cat's claws. But when I do something wrong, he lets me know about it with severe scratch to the face.

Unknown said...

Are those toilet paper bandages held on with rubber bands? Sad, sad.

Anonymous said...

That melts my heart. Be nice to her would you. She's adorable, even with one eye and bloody paws.

Dave said...

you're doing it all wrong!

http://www.bigdogboutique.com/ProductCart/pc/dremel_nails.html

Anonymous said...

one of the many reasons why i don't particularly like dogs.

What is it with single chicks and pets anyway?

Anonymous said...

That's really sad Bellum. Is she ok today? If you are going to give her a home pedicure, you ought buy the powder that keeps the nails from bleeding. Hope she likes you again. I gather she does, since she sleeps by you. You're wondering how I know that aren't you?

Anonymous said...

At least you haven't tried to express her anal glands by yourself.

One reason I tip HEAVILY when I take my dogs in for a grooming. That's one thankless job.

---The Toad

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Maybe you should try a nail file instead?