New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

it's all about me!

people tell me all the time that i'm self-centered. i'm 31, single, no kids, and live alone--of course i'm self-centered, this is not news. i just realized that i'm capable of making everything about me, even my parent's wedding anniversary. today marked their 32nd year of marriage. when i called my mom to wish her a happy anniversary i got her voicemail, this is how it went:

mother, it's daughter...i'm calling because it's your anniversary. i'd sing like you do for my birthday, but i don't think there is a song for this occasion. i'd make one up, but that wouldn't be a gift as much as torture. anyway, thanks for getting married because you had me, and i really love me, well most days i do. today was a bad hair day, so i didn't love myself as much as i did yesterday, but still. oh, and happy anniversary, love you and stuff. bye.

somehow, i managed to turn her anniversary call into a voicemail about me and my hair. i wish i had a picture scanned of them when they were young and without the burden of daughter, the best i could do was the picture i have on my bedside table.
**mom & dad, happy anniversary! thank for loving me despite all my (many) flaws, which is a post for another day.

5 comments:

Dave said...

you could have sang "happy anniversary" like they did in "so i married an axe murderer".

Unknown said...

I'm going to break into your house and steal that lamp. Just so you know.

Anonymous said...

Sarah--

Be careful reading that Salinger fellow, he might put bad ideas in your head-- oh wait, never mind.

Mikey

Anonymous said...

wow.. .. can you say psyCHO!!!!!? i feel dirty, just replying to this post. ...

The classic, yet weak, trait of of teh all too common woman's thoughts. . . ...

♫☼Dra.MaryBoBin's☼♫ said...

Sweet..