New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

patented dirty look

i’ve loved the eels, since hearing novocain for the soul on one of my favorite movies, dreams for an insomniac (go figure). so, when i saw they were playing at the depot last night, it was a must. sadly flyboy was unable to make the show, something, something…emergency landing in some corn state; luckily justin didn’t have plans for the night and agreed to be my date as long as i was the designated driver. go ahead and get a feel for my enthusiasm:the band was amazing, complete with a band member whose dance moves would put napoleon dynamite and bruce lee to shame! that’s right, i finally understand the kung fu hustle; it’s not a just a movie kids, but a sequence of dance moves performed by the hulky onstage “security guard”. it was a good night, well except for the end of the evening when i fell down the stairs. i always joke that i can’t make it out of my house in the morning without getting hurt, apparently leaving a concert venue is the same story, different bruise.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitchy HOT!

Clint Gardner said...

Ah now I am sad: I was going to go to the Eels, but decided to go for the Eagles of Death Metal tonight. Ay me.

Anonymous said...

I was there! It was great!

Lincoln said...

Is that a dirty look? Looks a little sultry to me.

Dave said...

ugh, i hated that song novocain for the soul. one of those where i madly jabbed at the radio whenever it came on.

maybe i need to give it another go ... i'm starting to gain an appreciation for some of the songs that i couldn't stand during the 90s (sneaker pimp's "6 underground" comes to mind)...

Sarah Bellum said...

anon: works for me.

theorris: no judgement.

dem sam: oh, really? i'd have said hello, had i known who you are...

lincoln: "dirty" look, for sure.

dave: give it another go, trust me on this one.

Dana said...

hey lady,
just saying hello!
~D

Anonymous said...

Looking good!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ms. Bellum--

If that look is "dirty," I don't want to be clean.

Ha! Someone could write a really nauseating country song with that.

Mikey

Dainon. said...

That look makes me want to, well, be ravished. By you. Because it says "in charge". Just translated it, for your pleasure.