New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dear Internet,

Please stop emailing me about Hillary Clinton. I read the news; I watch CNN; I refresh my Internet browser OCD style when it comes to news. With that said, I'm fully aware that Obama is rocking the nation. And guess what, dear Internet? That makes me happy.

I don't have to explain my political views to you, but rather than reply to the 42 emails in my in box let me go ahead and do, just that, explain.

I'm a Democrat. A proud one. I grew up in a very conservative Republican home, so unlike some people I know, I picked my political party. I wasn't raised a Democrat. I became one. A choice that I'm very proud of, so don't give me shit.

I think Obama would make a fine president. In fact, I would be thrilled to see him in office. However, I voted for Hillary, because I am a woman. Like many women today, I remember growing up wondering why a woman couldn't be President of the United States.

So, when finally a woman is on the ballot did you really think I'd not vote for her? I mean, really? I'm not a feminist by any means. I like men to do stuff for me. And not just in bed.

This is why I voted for Hillary Clinton, but would be just as happy at to have someone like Obama running our country. He bring passion and not just a last name. Plus his wife is pretty hot.

So back off, would ya?

Love,
Sarah

7 comments:

Sra said...

I remember once saying that if a woman ever ran for president, I'd vote for her just because she's a woman. That was a long time ago, and it turns out I don't feel that way anymore. For instance, I don't think I could vote for Condoleeza, just because of her connection to W. So I've been backing Obama, because I believe this country needs a great president right about now, along the vein of Lincoln. And I suspect Obama might be that. To me, his "inexperience" really says that he's not corrupt yet. But I think Hillary has been in politics too long, and some of her appeal has been compromised by that.

Having said that, I will back whichever democrat gets the nomination.

Anonymous said...

People who insist that you ought to vote for Obama because he's doing well are the ones with a twisted need to jump on a bandwagon. Ignore them.

Obama is "rocking the nation" because he gives a good speech. Big deal.

I didn't vote for Clinton because she's a woman. I voted for her because she is, by far, the best candidate. Anyone who has a problem with that, anyone who wants to get on my case because I failed to vote for the candidate who seems to be winning, because for some idiotic reason you're supposed to do that, is an idiot, and I don't care what they think.

Anonymous said...

And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sarah, it seems like you're a smart girl who keeps up on current events. That's why I was a little taken aback at your statement that you voted for Hillary just because you're a woman. You made yourself sound....like a girl. And not a smart one. Not the kind that give woman a good name.

Anonymous said...

You didn't just support Hillary just because she is a woman - you have been an educated democrat who keeps up on gov and politics since I have known you - not a 'girl', whatever that means ... I think some people may take your post the wrong way.

And blogging on any political issues as we go into the election year is going to produce a lot of opinions and email to you - be prepared.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on your fancy, cute RSS feed PINK symbol. Love it.

BerlyCrow said...

I'm almost embarassed to admit this but I figured you'd be the one to understand.......I was born and raised as a Democrat and still am. My family (minus me) has always been crazy religious, yet still super Democratic. I thought we were all set for this election until a good 'ole mormon boy put himself on the ballot.

Now I'm from one of "those" families full of people who voted for Mitt because and only because he is mormon. Glad that's over.

Gag.

P.S. I voted for Hilary too.