New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Children Don't Lie

Remember this? Hannah certainly does. My brother mentioned that Hannah has started going up to larger women at the mall and telling them she loves their fat butts. Needless to say, he wasn’t too thrilled. I, on the hand, got a good laugh out of it, but then I’m not there dealing with a very angry woman.

Last week when sitting the kids I was running a bath for them and noticed only the boy twin was ready to hop in. I walked into the other room and found Hannah, naked, looking at herself in the full-length mirror. “Hannah, what are you doing? You’re supposed to be getting in the tub with Carter.” “Aunt Sarah, I’m waiting for my butt to grow.”

I laughed and tried to explain to her she had her entire adult life to worry about the size of her butt, and now wasn’t that time. As we walked back into the bathroom together she looked at me and said, “Sarah, I love your big butt the best.”

And because I love her, I didn't drown her in the tub.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUNNY!

And personal at the same time.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I saw you at Starbucks last week and your butt looked just fine. A little junk in the trunk is better than flat pancake ass.