New Website Redirect.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

broke-ass larry!


as everyone now knows, larry miller pulled brokeback mountain from his theater. it even made national news, and we wonder why our state gets such a bad wrap! the GLBT community center have called for a boycott against all of miller's businesses. i know he owns a bunch more than are show here, but this is a start.

i saw brokeback mountain, and the sexual content of this movie was hardly enough to even mention. yet, i have seen dozens of r rated movies at the jordan commons theater. all of which have had more sexual content than brokeback mountain. if he is going to pull this movie because of homosexual themes why isn't he pulling memoirs of a geisha because it has a prostitution theme? or the family stone, for it's depiction of family values? or casanova, because the movie poster shows a woman's nude back? what about grandma's boy, it has nudity?

larry, you are going to catch some heat for this one! all of which is well deserved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larry is a douche.

He feels fine about deeming what is proper in regards to our morality, but has no ethics when it comes to simple things like tipping a waiter well. I have personally waited on him 3 times (about 10 years ago) and he never tips over 10%. He is notorious in the restraunt industry for this fact.

I hope the controversy on this one really comes back to bite him in his egotistical ass.

Anonymous said...

Larry is dumb. Not that I needed any more reasons to avoid his parking nightmare that is the JC. I like how just after he claimed not to be a community censure, does just that. I'm okay with bigotry, but let's keep it consisent if you're going to play the 'moral' card. Hostel? You're going to shield us from a little man love so that we can get a close up view of someone's fingers getting cut off? That makes sense. Way to go Larry.

Sarah Bellum said...

LHM can't afford to tip or wear a decent shirt? ha!

J. said...

I saw Sin City at one of Larry's theaters. Imagine that. Nudity, sex, graphic violence, and I saw it on a Sunday.

I think I'll start walking over to the Broadway Theaters for my Sunday matinees from now on.

Anonymous said...

Wait, it's the shirt that caught your attention? I can't believe that you're trying to convince me that a man that shows up to a photo shoot in a pair of Dockers (probably not even the wrinkle free) and dirty tennies...what are those Reeboks? ProWings?...is a cheap bastard? I accidently watched one of his commercials tonight and it's right, I'm afraid that I DO know this guy. Ass. They there's another tag line about Making our community a better place'. Once again, thanks Lar. Is that why idiot mouth Leno is punch lining our better community?

ms aimee said...

i like you simon j.

Dave said...

I used to work in the office tower in Jordan Commons and would run into LHM about once a month.

He screamed at a group of us once because we pushed the button that opens the door automatically for people in wheelchairs. Apparently we're only supposed to push it if we need it opened for us.

I try to avoid patronizing his businesses anyway. This just gives me more reason to do so.

(BTW, I too have heard that he is a lousy tipper.)