New Website Redirect.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

election day fever!!

for me, election day has an excitement factor comparable to christmas. if i could somehow incorporate recieving more than the i voted sticker, it could easily become my new favorite holiday! i haven't voted yet. i like the giddy feeling to last as long as possible, therefore i wait until the last second to vote. it's sappy and geeky, but it's me.

i want to wish all the democratic candidates the best of luck today, specifically: diane turner, pete ashdown, joe hatch, rob miller, richard watson, and last but not least larry wiley. i'm rooting for you guys and am looking forward to hearing the news of your wins!

also, for the first time i'm going to attend the state democratic shin-dig tonight, and am very much looking foward to it. if you see me, come say hi!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, thanks for your support!
The last few days I've been a nervous wreck.
Kinda like a virgin.
(I'm a first time candidate)
But, I plan on partying with all my Democratic buddies tonight at the Marriott.
Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous said...

Good luck casting your meaningless vote in Repub heaven. I will try and not lose Ohio for us this year. There are already reports of machine problems and long lines. My guess is all these problems will be in dowtown Cleveland and Columbus, not in the 70% repub district I live in.

Scott

Lincoln said...

Woohoo!! Another person excited about election day. Good on ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm going now!

Anonymous said...

I voted twice.

Dave said...

i'm proudly wearing my "i voted" sticker right now on my george bush - best president ever t-shirt.

Anonymous said...

Isn't comparing election day to Christmas going a little far?

qb

Sarah Bellum said...

richard: see you tonight!

scott: funny.

lincoln: can't help it.

anon: yay!

pmk: "Salt Lake County Clerk Sherrie Swenson said she would check on the problem, but stressed that anyone who did manage to vote twice would be found and prosecuted."

dave: i need that, in pink.

qb: nope, not at all.

Anonymous said...

You are just too cute! Election day, I admit, is exciting, but Christmas is better. You get food and gifts. You cannot beat that. The day I get Christmas fudge while voting from a man in a big red suit I'll side with you.

Good luck to your friends tonight. GO DEMS!

Anonymous said...

Guys--

For every homophobic, diversity-hating repmocrat that casts a meaningless vote in Utah, a terribly gay and godless freedom-hating dempublican casts one in my home town (Seattle). That's the beauty of the american way!

Mikeymikemike