New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

a burrito, please, with a side of life.

i'm finally at peace with my age. mostly.

today, at lunch i was stuck behind a group of teenagers who would not shut-up. they kept changing their order over, and over again. it reminded me how happy i am to know exactly what i want on my burrito and in life. it took every ounce of self control not to pull them aside and tell them they are like totally wasting their time with the incessant chatter about boys. i understand, as i was boy crazy at that age too, but look where it's gotten me... i'm currently without man. in fact if we woman weren't so damn crazy i'd consider that option. ok, that's a lie, so don't sending me emails requesting lesbian pictures.

but really, what i wouldn't give to go back and do it all over again--not all of it i guess, i really don't want the perm years back, that was bad enough the first time around. maybe i'm reminiscent of a time without eye wrinkles, or maybe i'm just upset over the fact i'm being faced with taking a chemistry class at 31. whatever the case, i'd forget the boys and concentrate on books.

dumb teenagers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chemistry=Blek!

Anonymous said...

If you had forgotten the boys how would you write a dating column? Geez.

Dave said...

if i request lesbian pictures via a comment, that's technically not emailing you.

Anonymous said...

Teenagers ARE dumb, so why do we all want those years back? Conumdrum really.

Sarah Bellum said...

english nerd: you won't hear me disagree.

stating the obvious: good point.

dave: THIS COUNTS!

anon: sorta.

Anonymous said...

Do you think maybe when I'm 31 I will know what I wasnt on my burrito and always get the same thing? That would save a lot of the "so cute" hand shaking thing I do when pressed to make a decision.