New Website Redirect.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Taking Note, Part Three

I am not a morning person. This is a well-known fact among my friends and previous bosses. I cannot function properly until after ten. This sucks for any of the clients I do work for, but...

I've tried everything: going to bed earlier, tripling my morning dose of coffee, massive does of morning meth and still nothing works.

Over the past year I've started turning into my mother by forgetting things right and left. Mornings are by far the worst time for remembering any details. I'm not talking about complicated details, just the basic essential items...like getting dressed. I've left the house and headed to the office in slippers multiple times in the last few months. Luckily it's been cold so I've remembered pants--no one wants a frozen hiney.

As I've mentioned here and here, I've started leaving myself reminder notes on my front door to ensure some things aren't forgotten. Today's is by far the worst of the bunch: If I have to remind myself why I'm leaving the house it might be time to admit defeat and just stay home.

2 comments:

Sra said...

I have the same problems, being a non-morning person myself. I've recently started laying out all my clothes for the following morning and packing my lunch and gathering my warm weather items the night before. I leave a granola bar on my coat so I remember to get my lunch out of the fridge.

Anonymous said...

You can function by 10am, and you say you're "not a morning person"? Ha!

I have a hard time even waking up before 1pm. Going to sleep before 5am? Not likely!

"Not a morning person," indeed. Call yourself a "late morning person", perhaps.