New Website Redirect.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

happy "i don't share shit" day.

growing up in an mostly male household taught me young to cherish certain girly items-today's example, barbies. sure, maybe i didn't play with them in the most conventional way, but i still played with them. i loved playing cars with my brothers, mostly just wrecking them, adding barbie into the mix was...shall we say interesting? my dolls always had broken arms and legs wrapped in homemade casts--tissue and elmers glue, often i was forced to shave their heads for brain injuries.

despite these acts they were still cherished childhood items. imagine my horror when i showed up to dinner at my parents today and found my niece had been playing with MY toys, as an only girl sharing my toys was not something i was accustomed to. just as i was about reclaim my treasures my mom gave the the look of death, i knew at that point hiding the toys from hannah was not an option. any other day, i would have directed her attention elsewhere and taken back what was mine, but not today.

mom, i'm not sure why you've been sad your kids are all grown up, because obviously we are not...

happy mother's day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story!

Anonymous said...

You are adorable.

Anonymous said...

The child within is catty, and funny.

Lincoln said...

You are awesome. One day I took all of my Hot Wheels cars and beat them to shit with a hammer. Then I placed them in accident scenarios and took pictures. I also lined them up on the pavement as if they were in traffic, then dumped a huge garbage can of water over and watched as they were all washed away in a "flash flood." It was great.

Sarah Bellum said...

d: thanks.

anon: sometimes i think so too...

anon: you speak the truth!

lincoln: and i thought i was the violent kid! :)

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»