New Website Redirect.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

davis county, home of the brave?

last night flyboy invited me over for an evening of drinks and chain restaurants. i happily accepted and made the trek north: destination layton, or idaho as i call it.

somehow, i overshot and ended up in clearfield, go figure. i stopped for directions at the local maverick (a little bit white trash, a little bit country), it was there i realized, yet again, that nascar is ruining the nation. i patiently waited a couple minutes before interrupting the riveting conversation between the toothless employee and the man in the nascar jacket; there are only so many times i can listen to “holy shit, whoa man”, before i lose what’s left of my rumored sanity. i explained where i was attempting to go, only to get a “LAAA-DY… this ain’t layton!"

thank god for that....

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

"An evening of chain resturants", I am dying over that one. You nailed it. Welcome to Layton!

Anonymous said...

Stop hating on NASCAR!

I am a well adjusted human being who happens to love the constant left turn circut.

And...I don't own a single pair of cowboy boots, don't have a pickup and don't own any wife beaters.

Stop the hate!

---The Toad

Anonymous said...

oh the hate -- nascar will have a lot of problems shedding the culture, much in the same way west coast liberals have trouble shedding the birkenstocks... why cant we all just get abong?

Anonymous said...

and Idaho? were you just driving till the road ends? and why didnt you stop at Smith & Edwards country boy store?

That One Guy said...

"kum-bay-ya, my Lord, kum-bay-ya..."

Everybody join in now....

Anonymous said...

AK: Us liberals prefer "hemp-based foot protection" over the term "Birkenstocks". That is so corporate.

Clint Gardner said...

I own 6 wife beaters and drink Natty Light.

I don't, however, watch NASCAR. Can anyone really, truly watch NASCAR?

Anonymous said...

I, sir, watch NASCAR!

I arrange my Sunday schedule around races - and if I have to go somewhere - I TIVO!

---The Toad

Clint Gardner said...

But is that really watching or is it hypnotic induction?

I do like watching crashes, however. Big firey crashes, but I get those on Sportsbeat.

Lincoln said...

NASCAR - Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

He he he.

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a Layton Hills mall?

Sarah Bellum said...

dennis: thanks!

toad: i will always make fun of nascar, i strongly believe it's my purpose in life.

ak: pmk replied better than i could have. as for the country boy store, next time. i promise.

one guy: funny:)!

pmk: you tell 'em!

theorris: hate the natty, love the pbr!

lincoln: that's my favorite comment!!

amy: yes, there is. i shall stear clear. somehow i don't think layton girls would like me. crazy, i know.

Anonymous said...

You should let me defend my inner redneck with a guest top post on NASCAR.

---The Toad

Sarah Bellum said...

toad: absolutely. email me.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»