New Website Redirect.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

an eye for an eye...

as you've surely noticed my dog, daisy, has one eye. attempting humor i bought her a rubber ball that looks like an eye. i find it entertaining to tell her to fetch her eyeball. there's a cranky woman at the park who fails to see the humor in this. she's yelled at me a couple of times in the past month for doing this, calling me insensitive, mean, and a horrible pet owner. while the first two may be true, i am not a horrible pet owner--i simply adore my one-eyed pug.

i cringed when i saw her at the park last night, but not wanting to be accused of neglecting my dogs need for exercise we stayed. she started walking towards me and i got ready for yet another confrontation. instead she apologized for her words, stating that she has seen me in the paper and realized i was a humorous person rather than mean as she had originally thought. i appreciate the apology, however, i wish she would have trusted me when i explained that to her in the beginning.

apparently having your picture in the paper makes you a trustworthy person. i guess she didn't read the part where i'm 30 and single, we all know that takes any bit of credibility away from me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo cute!!

That One Guy said...

You won't have street cred til you have a tattoo that can only be seen in public when you're drunk.

Or get an eye patch for your dog.

:)

Anonymous said...

You are horrible, horribly funny! Pay her no attention cuz you can't with them all. Your humor is appreciated elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a dog person but after seeing that picture I'll change my tune. She's a cutie for sure!

Jason said...

I used to take my dog everywhere I went. I only occasionally ran into problems at restaurants or hotels. When these situations arose I would usually tell the person with the minimal amount of authority that it was okay because he was blind. You would be surprised how often simply confusing a low-paid employee gets you what you want.

Anonymous said...

That would explain, at least in part, the credulity many people here have for the president...

The eye is brilliant...

Anonymous said...

Very clever Miss Bellum

Anonymous said...

IN magazine needs to update their site. I want to read your new column. Why are they so wishy washy about it? Sometimes its up on time and the next week its not. Is there anything you can do?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could get a handicap placard for your car-