New Website Redirect.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

down i go...

filler conversation always gets me in trouble--verbally.

i work for a financial company a couple nights a week. i’m not there often, so i don’t know everyone as well as i probably should. it seems that i’m always stuck riding in the elevator with co-workers i know the least. i’m not a fan of small talk, but i’ll engage when given no choice. last night, pink tie was explaining that his wife would be having a baby the following day (i still can’t get over planned birth, it just seems weird). when we walked out i wished him good luck, and i hoped everything comes out nicely.

shit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Open mouth

Insert foot

Anonymous said...

Sarah--

At least you didn't make a comment about "one mo' baby" like I would have. Ha!

Mikey

Anonymous said...

What did Pink Tie do when you said that?

Anonymous said...

I can only speak for myself here but I thoroughly enjoy your verbal mistakes.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a crummy sitcom where you wish you could reach your arm in the television and cover the characters mouth before they said something.

ms aimee said...

"when real people fall, they get right up and keep on walking" - ms bradshaw

this is a great story, sarah.

Anonymous said...

I think you were born with your foot-in-mouth. But that's why we love you. By the way, I usually catch myself saying the same thing to GG when I run into him in the bathroom.