New Website Redirect.

Friday, December 09, 2005

all grown-ed up, sorta....

i have been thirty for a month now. it has settled in, not well i might add. it's a done deal, nothing i can do about it. trust me, i tried. convincing my mother i really wasn't born in 75 proved not only difficult but impossible.

so, i reflect. my life isn't exactly where i thought it would be at 30. remember in our early twenties, if anyone 30 or older came to our parties we laughed inside at them, and sometimes outside as well? well i am that girl. i thought i would be attempting adulthood at this age. finished with school, knowing what i wanted to be when i grew up. well guess what, i am grown. still not finished with school. not living in the burbs with 1.5 children, which i might point out i am very happy about but still.....you just kind of expected your life to be there at 30. i have been lucky, i am healthy (relatively) and have amazing friends and pseudo sisters whom i love and adore--and quite honestly coffee club with them is more satisfying than burb life could ever be!

they say 30 is the new 20, if this is true then i am right on track. that would mean this is not a mid-life crisis blog but a rant....riiight?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee club is ultra satisfying. I will move to the burbs with my 1.0 children and you can come play.

Holly B. said...

Girlfriend, I completely understand. And those people who criticize us for not having the "married life" are secretly jealous.

On a daily basis, I think of that ketchup commercial and hold onto the hope that "good things come to those who wait."

And I don't even like ketchup.

Anonymous said...

I'll be the first married person to say out loud that I am jealous! Don't get me wrong...I love my husband and my kids, but I definitely took for granted my 'me' time; my own thoughts, my own actions, my own bedtime! I'll be booking another flight to SLC now.....

Anonymous said...

Getting older is a good thing. Hey your pretty.

ms aimee said...

I'm jealous of the single status. But I do love the thirties.

alecia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.