New Website Redirect.

Friday, November 25, 2005

wax off, goodbye mr. miyagi


LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Actor Pat Morita, whose portrayal of the wise and dry-witted Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid" earned him an Oscar nomination, has died. He was 73.

read here


1984. mr. miyagi. the memories. i am little sarah sitting with my brothers in the basement of my parents house watching the karate kid over and over.... dressed in our made up versions of dojo friendly clothes. i refused to believe there was not a pink belt involved in this sport. this being the obvious reason i chose not to take karate lessons when my brothers did, well that and my mothers refusal to call me sarah-san!

"forever my sensei..."


1 comment:

Walter said...

"KOBRA KAI NEVER DIE!"

I miss Miyagi Sensei already.

"BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!" OOps, sorry, wrong movie.