New Website Redirect.

Monday, November 28, 2005

frida

frida. the life. the legend. the mustache.

i made my way to the museum of fine arts yesterday to see the portraits of frida kahlo taken by her lover and famed photographer nickolas muray.

i am a long time lover of frida kahlo. her work. her life. her jewelry. her love affairs. her stormy marriage to diego. seeing this exhibit was a must! it was beautiful. simply beautiful. he did it, he captured the haunting beauty she possesed. there is nothing more telling than photographs taken by a lover. a lover, they see something others don't see. beyond the photos-- on display were love letters she sent nickolas. painted on the wall next to the famed letters were these words:

Diego,Beginning

Diego, constructor

Diego, my baby

Diego, my boyfriend

Diego, painter

Diego, my lover

Diego, "my husband"

Diego, my friend

Diego, my mother

Diego, my father

Diego, my son

Diego, I

Diego, universe

Diversity in Unity

Why do I call him My Diego?

He never was and he never will be mind.

He belongs to himself.

i remember reading this before as an excerpt from a journal entry. please go see--i want to discuss!

for information on the exhibit click here.

No comments: